Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sushi Eating Contest










Ba Ba Ba.....(in a deep ominous voice)...That was overall feeling in the room once the boys hit sushi roll number 6. There were 7 baseball players who participated in the contest this past Sunday night at Kabuki. Why would one want to do such a thing? Well, there was $3,000 being donated in the winner's name to a ministry called Heart of the City, a ministry that reaches out to intercity kids through sports. The same roll would be put in front of each contestant and after they finished that roll, they would move to the next. The guy who ate the most, won. A couple guys were done at 3 or 4 rolls, the others made it to roll 6. Beau took one bite of 6 and could do no more. He was not lookin' so good....Matt laPorta ended up taking it all. I don't know how he did it but I swear he could have eaten 2 more rolls. He's the guy standing to the left of Beau. It was a great night, good good memories : )

1 comment:

Kadalak said...

I ate 12. Beau ate 40. La Porta and Jimenez are special- Jimenez opted out- he was the one that impressed me the most- the professional- I have to go to work in the morning so enough of this fun stuff- I have a job to do-We met a lot of great people- players, parents, coaches, employees, spouses- keep hitting, Slugger-KADALAK