Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday morning happenings

Yummy french toast!

Kensie lookin' at daddy!

Hi daddy...


Bakin' cookies, lots and lots of cookies

So, when I run, I listen to audio books (weird I know but it really is the best). My current book is about a chef and has a recipe every chapter and one recipe was Neiman Marcus cookies and they sounded amazing.

So I gave them a go and they are fabulous!!! Unfortunately, I neglected to see the part where it said "makes 112 cookies". Needless to say, there was a lot of batter...SO, I just froze half of it and I'm saving it until my family comes out to visit. These cookies are headed to the ballpark tomorrow!

Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe

2 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
5 c. blended oatmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
24 oz. chocolate chips
1 (8 oz.) grated dark chocolate bar
3 c. chopped nuts (your choice)

Blended oatmeal: Measure and blend in blender of food processor to a fine powder.
Cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix together with flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add chips, grated chocolate and nuts. Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees. Recipe can be halved or quartered.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Such a fun morning!!! I LOVE those cookies!! A couple of my girlfriends have that recipe!!! Thanks for posting it...i'll be trying those soon!!! I love Kens and her new excer-saucer!! :) I just got Jack one of Friday, but it will be a couple months until he can use it! :) Miss you! XOXO

Kadalak said...

The french toast and cookies look amazing!! Last night we seared ahi tuna on the grill with a very special sauce-WOW!!! Gma Wilma is doing great! 82 degrees in Holland,MI. The Master's golf tournament today was the best I have ever seen-congrats to the winner- South African-Charl Schwartzel- the tournament was wide open with 10 players in the hunt the last 9 holes!Be safe- Luv u guys-KADALAK