Saturday, May 5, 2012

13.1 miles: my best ever!

Got up at 5:30 this morning, had my coffee and oatmeal and prepared for the big race! Our sitter was wonderful and away we went. We parked at the ballpark and walked about a mile to the start line. Found the port-a-potty and squeezed into my corral. Felt amazing the entire race, followed two people who I eventually passed the last few miles. 65 the whole race and cloudy, lovely! But it was humid and I was sweating like a maniac! Beau and Andy LaRoche found me at mile 8 and cheered me on : ) Their bus left at 9:30 so he didn't get to see me finish but I am so happy he got to be there for a few miles : ) Sprinted the last mile and passed about 10 people and I'm still waiting to see how I placed. Champagne to celebrate my best race yet!!!

6 comments:

Rodatall said...

Way to go Alicia! Fabulous job! Dedication to the max!! I wish I could have high dived you at the finish line!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So cool. Great job!! What a stud(ette)!!!!

Cindy

Abb and Jake said...

Congrats on the PR Leesh! So proud :) missing my running buddy, I need some motivation!!

Anonymous said...

So proud of you and love you bunches. Love Uncle Steve and Aunt Laurie

Kadalak said...

Well done Alicia-KADALAK

Anonymous said...

Alisha we r proud of u. Tell beau to let up little he is a hard act to follow PGA gmax