Saturday, May 12, 2012

River Bank 25k

We woke up this morning at 5, had our coffee and breakfast and were out the door my 6. We drove to Calvin to pick up Lizzy's friend and teammate, Devin. After, we headed downtown to find a parking space; we got there pretty early since we all had to pick up our bibs at the DeVos center. The race started at 8:20 and Lizzy's roommate Steph and friend Lauren watched Kensie for me; thanks girls I owe you big time! We all started together but Liz and Devin soon sped ahead. I was sore and not wanting to keep ther pace so I ran it alone. It was 63 and overcast, great running weather. The course was nice, a little hilly and followed the river out and back. Liz and Devin finished in 1:53 with a 7:17 pace and I finished 2:01 with a 7:47 pace. I really wanted to be under 2 hours but I just couldn't make my body run faster!
I am exhausted but so glad I ran this race. Maybe a marathon next?! We shall see! On another great note, Missy is graduating as we speak!!! So proud of her and the woman she has become. We love you sister!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Alicia and Lizzy You guys are such troopers. Your sis did graduate and it was a wonderful ceremony to watch 2 gdaurters up there. Have a wonderful day love gpa gmax

Kadalak said...

Well done!! I am proud of you guys. It takes a lot of guts to train and walk up to the starting line knowing a lot of pain is in store when you run your race as planned.Learn from this race so you get faster next time- congrats Missie you high school grad-KADALAK